Working from our vibrant studio in Halifax’s North End, eyecandy is a team of planners, designers, and artists. We have great clients, smart creative colleagues and an inspiring, progressive work environment.
eyecandy is the go to sign company for business and building owners who require thoughtful signs that tell their story and contribute to an enhanced brand experience. For over 15 years we have worked closely with local businesses who want to stand out in their competitive landscape; and developers who require extensive wayfinding sign packages for large commercial buildings. From health care facilities to golf courses, to vineyards, and boutique retailers we pride ourselves on delivering a remarkable product recognized for our quality craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Drafting - Design
March 21, 2017
eyecandy SIGNS INC. is looking for an upbeat designer to join our team.
The successful candidate will have a strong portfolio of design-build projects and will demonstrate a keen eye for design.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand eyecandy's aesthetic and unique approach to signage
- Support the sales team with efficient and accurate shop drawings
- Provide design leadership within project budget
- Produce shop drawings and production files for the fabrication team
- Run RIP program for printing and vinyl plotter
- Manage a list of fluctuating priorities to meet all deadlines
- Work with the business owners to develop marketing materials
Qualification, Characteristics and Skills:
- The successful applicant will exude a positive attitude
- Previous experience in design-build is an asset
- Must be comfortable with Illustrator and know the short cuts for Mac
- Experience with Sketchup and CAD is an asset
- Excellent organization and acute attention to detail is essential
Application Process Interested applicants must send:
- A cover letter outlining background and career objectives
- Resume and portfolio
- Three references
Please email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
March 21, 2017
We are currently expanding our production capabilities and are accepting resumes for tradespeople who are interested in joining our creative team.
This position is part of our fabrication and project management team. The successful candidate’s projects and responsibilities will be tailored to their particular scope of work, capabilities and strengths. If you have strong project management skills you’ll be asked to contribute to daily work orders and inventory. If you have an exceptional interest in machinery you’ll lead our preventative maintenance program. If you understand material capabilities you’ll be encouraged to work on in-house projects.
Required qualifications and characteristics
· Driver’s Licence and clean driving record
· Ability to maneuver a half tonne truck
· Working knowledge of all shop tools
· Some carpentry skills and/or experience
· Comfortable working on a ladder
· A team player with good communication skills, willing to work with others in a variety of
roles and relationships
· Comfortable representing the company with clients
· Detail oriented
· Ability to work well under pressure and in an environment which often requires the
need to reprioritize tasks according to evolving and changing deadlines
· Comfortable playing a supporting role in both production and installation
We know that experience looks different on everyone. Perhaps you have a background in carpentry or electrical? Maybe you’re an artist, a project manager or a jack of all trades?
Whatever your experience, tell us what assets you would bring to our team. Direct experience within the signage industry is not required for this position, however, willingness to fully immerse yourself and learn our business is essential.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.